IntraMAX 2.0: Is it Just an Overpriced Multivitamin?
Most multivitamin supplements on the market are more or less the same with slight variations in the amount of the vitamins and minerals they contain. And then there are a few products that stand out from the crowd with a unique formulation enhanced with additional health-promoting ingredients, and one of these is a product called IntraMAX.
IntraMAX is an all-in-one sort of a dietary supplement made by Texas-based Drucker Labs. It’s not just essential vitamins and minerals, it’s 415 ingredients that include greens (fruits and vegetables), medicinal herbs, amino acids, prebiotics, digestive enzymes, and others.
IntraMAX 2.0 is the new, reformulated version of this product with a slightly different ingredient list and dosages from the older formulation. The following image shows the full list of ingredients:
(click on the image to enlarge)
But does it really live up to the hype? Let’s have a quick review of the main pros and cons of this supplement.
- It’s nice and convenient to have all the vitamins, minerals and other nutrients you need in one supplement instead of having to take a handful of pills each day.
- It comes in easily-absorbed liquid form, and it saves you from having to swallow multiple pills/capsules.
- It’s got almost every healing herb you’ve ever heard about! I don’t think I’ve seen any other supplement with such a massive ingredient list that includes many of the herbs I always wanted to try.
- It is vegetarian, non-GMO, gluten-free.
- It’s a proprietary formula, so besides the essential vitamins and minerals, you don’t know how much of each ingredient you’re getting. Judging by the serving size (1 ounce or 2 tablespoons) and the massive number of ingredients (415), I’d say most of the ingredients are probably underdosed.
- While I like the idea of a super supplement with so many beneficial ingredients, this also has its cons. Everyone’s body may respond differently to different ingredients, and with so many of them, it increases the chance that your body may not tolerate one or more of the ingredients, which can lead to adverse effects. Some users did complain about stomach upset, nausea and other side effects.
- The company claims that their proprietary intraCELL technology improves the bioavailability and efficacy of the ingredients, but they do not provide any proof of this claim — at least I couldn’t find any. So I guess you just have to take their word for it!
- Besides the nutritional support, i.e. providing your body with important vitamins, minerals and other nutrients it needs, you shouldn’t expect much from this product. It’s not likely that you’ll notice any significant effects after taking it, which is pretty much the case with most other nutritional supplements out there.
- It contains 7 grams of sugars (glucose and others) per serving.
- It’s an expensive product. Most stores sell it at $80-$90 per bottle (32 servings).
Conclusion: Is IntraMAX Legit or a Scam?
Well, if this were only a blend of vitamins and minerals, at such a high price I’d say it would be more of a scam, however, considering the numerous additional ingredients in the product and their potential health benefits, I think the high price can be justified.
If you are looking for a dietary supplement that includes most of the essential nutrients that are worth supplementing in addition to a variety of the most commonly used medicinal herbs, and if your budget allows, then IntraMAX is worth a try. It is a quality product with a very distinctive formulation.
What’s a Cheaper Alternative?
If you are on a low budget and just looking for a basic multivitamin with some additional, generally healthy ingredients, there are a few cheaper alternatives you can consider. One such affordable alternative is VIBE Daily Multi-Vitamin by Eniva. This is also a liquid multivitamin formula that contains essential vitamins and minerals in addition to 30+ natural extracts from different fruits, vegetables and herbs.