5 Trustworthy Supplement Brands You Can Buy Online
If you are embarking on the supplement journey to better your health, choosing the right product that delivers results might seem overwhelming at first. The industry is occupied with many brands that offer many supplement options to choose from.
The purpose of a dietary supplement is to improve or sustain a person’s health. While numerous established companies intend to promote good health, there are others out there who might have alternate motives; mostly just big, easy profits!
Due to the many bogus and low-quality supplements on the market, some consumers are experiencing dangerous side effects that could put them in the hospital. There are thousands of emergency room cases recorded every year due to unregulated supplements that are bought off the internet.
This post highlights five of the industry’s top trustworthy supplement brands on the market today. From outstanding manufacturing practices, to comprehensive lab testing, to positive consumer and professional feedback, these companies all have one thing in common; they strive to create high-quality products that can aid improve, support and elevate your health.
The Most Trusted Supplement Brands
Out of the countless brand names on the market, these five have earned a favorable reputation among consumers:
The mission behind Thorne is to promote good health. They offer exclusive personal at-home tests that enable you to understand the current state of your health. They pair your results with a solid list of supplements that can enhance your current lifestyle for the better.
Thorne is a community of experts with extensive experience in human health. This manufacturer has genuinely impacted the industry by setting high standards while working with some of the most trusted raw ingredients suppliers and medical research organizations, making Thorne one of the most recognized practitioner-trusted brands available. Considering the level of expertise, testing and quality of the products, they do retail at a higher price point.
Another consumer and professional-trusted brand, Jarrow Formulas offers a diverse selection of supplements ranging from women’s and men’s health, children’s health, sports nutrition, to pet care.
Jarrow Formulas is respected as the industry’s #1 probiotic maker. They produce high-quality supplements that are practical, effective and very affordable. They are one of the best budget-friendly brands to consider for your nutritional supplement needs.
Designed with purity in mind, Pure Encapsulations offers well over 400 products catered to most people’s needs and lifestyle. Pure Encapsulations is one of the industry’s most sought-after brands and is currently the best-selling practitioner brand in the USA.
They partner with reputable suppliers to ensure every supplement produced is clean, allergen-free, and free from any unnecessary fillers and harmful artificial ingredients. Their products are recognized for being certified gluten-free and GMO-free. Due to the extensive expert research implemented in developing their formulations, their retail prices are rather high.
4. NOW Foods
NOW creates quality organic products at an affordable price. The available selection consists of various products, including general dietary supplements, sports nutrition, pet health, natural foods, and essential oils. They intend to provide products and services that enable people worldwide to lead healthier and more vital lives.
NOW prioritizes quality over quantity, making sure every finished product is up to their high standards. They implement comprehensive testing to ensure the purity, safety and potency of each ingredient that goes into their formulas.
5. Eniva Health
Eniva Health focuses on making clean and effective expert-formulated supplements. Their dedicated team of healthcare professionals has over 20 years of experience in nutritional science.
They sell a variety of health products that span different categories, but what they are most known for is their liquid vitamin and mineral formulas. Compared to ordinary capsules and pills, Eniva’s liquid multivitamins have been shown to be better absorbed, potentially leading to higher bioavailability and efficacy. If you are not a fan of swallowing a handful of pills every morning, you will probably love the idea of having all of your daily nutrient needs in one quick liquid shot.
It is critical to understand the supplements you are putting into your body. Each of these five makers values health, safety and quality. With good manufacturing practices in place, these are some of the best supplement brands you can confidently buy online or from a local retail store. Some of them, like Thorne and Pure Encapsulations, can also be found at doctors’ offices in the USA and some other countries.
Quick Tips For Smart Supplement Shopping
Here are some essential points to keep in mind while browsing different dietary supplement brands and vendors:
- Make sure the manufacturer is GMP-certified. GMP stands for good manufacturing practices; it entails various guidelines and conditions that must be met to ensure that each batch of finished products is safe and potent.
- When possible, try to choose products that use standardized herbal extracts. These usually make higher quality and more potent ingredients. Branded standardized extracts may be more costly, but their higher purity and efficacy can justify the premium price.
- Beware of companies and products that make a tall list of health claims without providing credible scientific evidence to support those claims. And if you see a long list of supporting “studies” and “references” at the bottom of the page, take some time to read those studies to see if they actually justify the claims; most of the time they don’t! Just to give you a perspective, caffeine has been “clinically proven” to promote weight loss, according to one, two, three, and other studies — don’t expect any “clinically proven” weight loss supplement to be much more helpful than a cup of coffee or a caffeinated drink.
- Avoid free trials and offers that sound too good to be true. Some websites will cunningly sign you up for an auto-shipment program as part of a “free trial” deal and you may not even be aware of it until a few weeks or so later when you see an unexpected charge on your credit card or an unexpected package arrives at your door.
- Never trust reviews on Amazon; a news story reveals that about 42% of Amazon reviews may be fake! It’s better if you don’t buy supplements from Amazon altogether. Support small businesses and stick with specialized online shops that vet what they sell and don’t allow anonymous scammers to sell bogus products.
- Also be highly skeptical about personal success stories and testimonials you see on products’ websites. Personal reviews may be helpful when shopping for different types of products; supplements aren’t one of them! It’s a bad idea to base your buying decisions on what reviews say, not only because supplements work differently for each individual, but more importantly, because no other industry capitalizes on fake, paid and deceptive reviews more than the supplement industry. Always begin with reading the label and doing your own research on trusted educational websites about each of the ingredients. To be a smart buyer here, you need to be questioning, picky and difficult!